Samasource is looking for an Associate to join our Impact team. This team is responsible for designing and implementing all of our Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning processes. As an Associate, you will work to help us understand how the training and job opportunities we provide impact our workers’ employment, income, and overall quality of life.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter with expertise in data analysis to support our impact measurement. You will analyze our proprietary and unique data sets (including detailed data on worker performance, demographics, income levels, and household characteristics) in order to track, report on, and improve outcomes attributable to Samasource.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to support the Impact function in a fast-growing and far-reaching social enterprise. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical and have the ability to communicate complex analysis to a variety of audiences.
This is a full-time position based out of our San Francisco office.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Data Collection: Collect quantitative and qualitative impact data from our key geographies. Work closely across Samasource teams, contractors and partners to ensure accurate data reporting.
- Data Analysis: Support internal and external reporting of our impact data and present progress and findings.
- Data Management: Streamline data collection systems and manage survey data.
- Data Communication: Create dashboards and visually represent data for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Cross-functional Support: Work closely with other teams across Samasource to continuously improve the general framework for Samasource’s global field management program.
- Thought Partnership: Leverage insights from your analyses to develop insights and surface implications.
- Education and Experience: BA/BSc in International Development, Economics, Public Policy or other related field preferred.
- 2+ years of work experience with a range of data analysis skills.
- Technical Skills:
- Data Cleaning: Comfort working with complex data sets
- Data Analysis: Experience using advanced Excel functions for data analysis. Experience with statistical software such as STATA or SPSS preferred.
- Survey Design: Experience designing, developing and implementing quantitative and qualitative survey tools.
- Data Communication: Experience designing reports/presentations/decks to communicate results.
- Passionate about using data to drive decision-making.
- Strong interest in non-profits, social enterprise, and/ or monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, research issues, and conduct preliminary analysis to help inform decisions.
- Experience taking ownership of projects and leading them to successful completion.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- At home in a fast-paced environment that requires excellent time-management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.