Samasource is an award-winning technology social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brainpower of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. Our technology platform takes large data projects for leading enterprise clients like LinkedIn and Google, and breaks them into smaller tasks called “microwork” which are completed by our workers.
We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision - to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work using technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Cisco, Rockefeller and Ford.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Marketing Director will lead the development of marketing strategies and integrated marketing plans for Samasource. These plans will support both long-term growth and immediate-term revenue. The role includes creating marketing and positioning strategies across all channels and programs that will help drive earned revenue and/or individual giving for Samasource. Team will include one dedicated resource as well as contract resources.
- Implement a global communications and marketing plan that includes multiple forms of media including digital, social, press, high/touch, campaigns to drive both sales for Samasource and donations.
- Create consistent messaging and positioning across these channels, including review of content and collateral
- Manage and direct a team of industry experts including domestic and international PR firms; speaking and book agents; event specialists; social media consultants; web analytics consultants as well as content creators and designers to implement the communications and marketing plan
- Work closely with the sales team, execute high-impact campaigns including events and collateral to drive sales and donations
- Manage the production, content and availability of marketing collateral and website content and updates
- Monitor and track the results of the organization’s marketing and communications efforts
- Ensure brand integrity for all external publications by managing brand guidelines as well as oversee communications and marketing policies and procedures.
- Ensure positioning and execution consistency across two key goals: sales and fund raising.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and a master at multi-tasking. Must be able to plan and execute.
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Five or more years of progressive experience in marketing
- Experience in both B2B and B2C markets
- Experience for a startup company, preferably in product marketing
- Track record of success at driving revenues into enterprises
- Ability to research and identify potential decision makers within the enterprise marketplace
- Excellence at content creation and messaging in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, etc.) required.
- Strong analytical skills to track performance
- Solid understanding of B2B and B2C marketing programs and approaches
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably MBA in marketing
- Authorized to work in the USA required
- Passionate about Samasource’s mission