Samasource is an award-winning social enterprise with a huge vision -- to connect the one billion people living in poverty to computer work over the internet. Samasource combines the fast-paced culture of a tech start-up with a mission-driven non-profit focused on alleviating global poverty. If you join us, you will be part of a dynamic team that is passionate about making an impact.
Samasource was founded in 2008 and is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including MasterCard, Google, eBay, Cisco and Rockefeller. Our social enterprise business model also resulted in break-even operations starting in 2016. Samasource’s HQ is in San Francisco, CA with an international HQ in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
This position reports to the Managing Director of Samasource. The Director of Product Management will be responsible for overseeing the technology products at Samasource, including the Samahub, our internal work platform that is instrumental in connecting our beneficiaries to work.
- Set the vision and accompanying strategic objectives to keep Samasource competitive with technological advantages
- Lead, define and communicate Samasource’s product strategy and vision in line with the business' long-term goals
- Collaborate with the leadership team on strategic objectives and PDLC improvements
- Serve as the primary technology representative at the executive level
- Prioritize epic-level initiatives for the product & engineering teams
- Develop budgets, forecasts, metrics and measures for stakeholder success
- Lead, manage and mentor the product team, including appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining
- Interview, hire and train new product managers
- Key evangelist serving as public face of product with the press, strategic partners and other industry leaders
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of product management experience for a tech product (ideally a SaaS, B2B and/or IoT product)
- 3+ years managing a team of product managers, ideally at a Director or above level
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Authorized to work in the USA
- Ability to work with remote teams, e.g. stakeholders and engineers
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Passionate about Samasource’s mission
- Sense of humor, creativity, positivity and team spirit