Samaschool, a program of Samsource, is the first and only non-profit focused on equipping people to earn a living wage through independent work. We develop and provide training to low-income job-seekers and others with barriers to employment. Our curriculum prepares students to obtain and succeed at independent work and to leverage this experience to achieve their career goals. Our unique approach to workforce development has led us to being named one of the 13 most innovative schools in the world and a recent feature in the San Francisco Chronicle. Samaschool is a program of Samasource, a social enterprise that trains and employs people in digital work internationally. For more information visit samaschool.org.
Samaschool works with a variety of community-based organizations throughout the San Francisco Bay Area to prepare trainees to obtain and succeed in performing independent work. We are looking for a highly-motivated Program Manager to support our local partnerships, ensure our programs are implemented with quality, serve as a lead instructor, and support our students and partners to prepare participants for gig work and long-term career success.
Reporting to the Samaschool Bay Area Director, this individual will support Samaschool to enhance and grow our regional presence. Ideal candidates will have experience building strong partnerships with a diverse array of stakeholders. Ideal candidates will also have experience teaching soft skills, workforce readiness, or entrepreneurship to diverse low-income communities and be familiar with adult learning practices. Ideal candidates will also have experience working with technology and using it to communicate with a wide range of audiences.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee training calendars and logistics, with support from the Director, ensuring Samaschool trainings and deliverables are executed according to plan.
- Manage contracted and part-time instructors, ensuring quality through observations and feedback; oversee their scheduling and workflow.
- Maintain and monitor accurate records of student progress, create reports for internal and partner use, and document student outcomes; ensure all student data in Salesforce is accurate and up to date.
- Manage relationships with program partners to facilitate content alignment, data sharing, and continuous improvement.
- Research and synthesize information about existing and emerging work platforms; curate and share gigs suited for Samaschool students.
- Document and share best practices and provide support to the Samaschool team regarding curriculum design, development, and implementation.
- Effectively deliver the mixed-media, blended Samaschool curriculum to a variety of trainee groups across the San Francisco Bay Area, including direct student instruction and a train-the-trainer model.
- Provide individualized and ongoing support, coaching, and assistance to Samaschool students and alumni.
- Record students’ experiences that can be used for blog posts and collateral.
- A demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of individuals with barriers to employment and financial self-sustenance.
- Superlative interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfort working independently.
- Strong planning skills, and a keen attention to detail.
- 4+ years teaching job training, technology or vocational skills or similar experience.
- An energetic, engaging, and inclusive teaching style.
- Experience working with diverse low-income populations, preferably in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Fluency using online and mobile work platforms, either as a consumer or as a worker.
- Digital grit: a desire to understand, use, and teach new technological tools.
- Familiarity with Google Drive and other collaborative online tools.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- BA/BS preferred.