Samasource is an award-winning social enterprise with a huge vision—to connect the one billion people living in poverty around the world to work using technology. Samasource combines the fast-paced, results-driven culture of a tech start-up with the social mission and idealism of a non-profit.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco's Mission District, Samasource is a sustainable, non-profit that has grown by 5x since 2015. The organization offers data and image services through microwork (crowdsourcer style tasks completed in offices with on-site managers) to teach people in Kenya, Uganda and India job skills and "Give Work" to alleviate global poverty. Today, 70% of the human computation tasks performed for Samasource's B2B clients include structuring training data for machine learning, computer vision and AI projects.
Samasource is looking for a Digital & Growth Marketing Director to develop and execute year round demand generation and account-based growth marketing plans that have significant financial impact to sales in the U.S. and Europe. This metrics-driven, marketing leader will be the primary point for strategizing and then directly overseeing spend decisions across various channels to drive overall lead and demand generation and company goals. This person will have had significant hands on, granular knowledge of digital marketing (as opposed to solely managing agencies).
This is a full time role, based in San Francisco's Mission District (16th and Mission). The hire will report to the Managing Director/SVP and will work closely with across Sales, Product, Engineering, Professional Services, Global Delivery and executive leadership.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own the organization's digital reputation & opportunities leveraging the latest digital marketing techniques and results-driven measurements
- Manage the digital marketing roadmap from substantial and quantifiable revenue and profit generating strategic business objectives to tactical agency and contractor deliverables - ensuring performance, ROI, and future campaign planning
- Develop SEO, lead and demand generation strategies leveraging a portfolio of new and existing programs including SEM/SEO, email marketing, lead nurturing, webinars, events, and other programs
- Actively test and monitor campaign delivery, website traffic and website activity to develop insights from analytics resulting in recommendations for improvements in sites or media (Google Analytics and Salesforce)
- Collaborate with content team on the calendar and work with contributors to create new blog posts, and other materials in topic areas that drive our SEO efforts
- Lead and integrate social media efforts across content, communications, PR, product and sales.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and sales to implement an account-based, growth marketing roadmap - identify target accounts, key account audiences and personas and multi-channel growth plans and deliver to the marketing outreach campaigns and events
- Leverage CRM, marketing and analytic systems to execute the above at scale across vertical markets and territories, track performance, and optimize efforts
- Train and coach sales team to make full use of content and campaigns to effectively engage, convert, grow existing accounts and qualify new leads
- Be on the forefront of exploring new technologies and media platforms, and the development of strategies to drive online traffic (online display, paid search, SEO, social media, mobile, etc.).
- Work with leadership and peers to envision and implement a multi-dimensional digital strategy to create awareness, drive acquisition and engage B2B customers and increase revenue.
- Spearhead strategic pre-and-post-campaign analysis. Interpret and translate various sources of data into actionable initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills
- 8+ years in digital marketing, 5+ years specifically in a SaaS, lean start-up culture
- Experience defining performance metrics and dashboards, building materials for lead nurturing, and working with a sales team to tune buyer persona/journey
- Proven successful online performance-based marketing experience (CPM/CPC/CPA) with a demonstrated history of driving profitable results at scale
- Experience managing paid media budgets (SEM, paid social, etc.) and agencies
- This role requires strong analytical skills with the ability to make rapid decisions grounded in data and metrics. Knowledge of success metrics, behavioral and demographic targeting and ROI-driven optimization techniques
- Experience with Tag Management, Ad Serving/pixel technology, and reporting tools required.
- Experience developing and growing a high-performing team and managing consultants and external resources
- MUST be driven by “making the number,” and have a strong affinity for sales team success creating successful buyer persona/journey and inbound lead generation
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences, from C-level to entry level, internal and external
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams to create business results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines and objectives
- Expert with Excel, SQL and BI reporting environments as well as Web and Sales analytics (Google Analytics, Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, landing page personalization, retargeting ad networks and social advertising platforms or similar systems)
- Understanding of WIX and Wordpress systems preferable
- Bachelor degree in marketing, economics, engineering or statistics
What Makes This Organization and Role Unique
- A sense of humor, zero-ego, wicked smarts and a poverty alleviation mission-driven heart and mind are required!
- LOCATION - SF (Mission & 16th). Team members wk from the office M-Th and from home most Fridays to move the global poverty alleviation needle!!!
- The "equity play" & "exit strategy" on this one is IMPACT to a global social imperative. (The org is a non-profit so there are no stocks AND we're ALL very personally invested with non-profit/conservative compensation pkgs.)