At Samasource we believe that work is at the core of human dignity and that it is also the most powerful way to end global poverty.
Samasource is a leading social enterprise that employs low-income people in East Africa and India to perform digital work. Since 2008, Samasource has moved over 37,000 people out of poverty by connecting them to work through some of the world's largest companies, including Google, Glassdoor, and Microsoft.
Samasource is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with global operations in Kenya, Uganda, India, and the The Netherlands.
Responsible for end-to-end project management on a $1M+ revenue portfolio of technology clients. Includes project scoping, planning, delivery, client engagement, trouble shooting/ managing operational parameters and cross functional project resources.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage the full project lifecycle.
- Strong people management and professional development skills.
- Good working knowledge of BPO service delivery processes.
- Develops and maintains good technical and marketing knowledge of Samasource service offerings and our product capabilities.
- Ability to assess and understand technology utilized in the assigned customers environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally within Samasource across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Resolves/ troubleshoots a wide range of technical issues in creative and agile ways.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and other office software (For e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc)
- Develops/maintains strong relationships with partners/customers and Samasource sales teams in order to assist in identifying new opportunities.
- Becomes intimately familiar with the customer's initiatives and project goals, including project scoping, change management and provides key insight about such goals and initiatives within Samasource.
- Develop project governance documents to inform best practises across the service delivery team while maintaining and updating project information including capacity planning, key project KPIs etc
- Gains familiarity with Samasource internal software and tools (For e.g. Confluence, JIRA, Google and other proprietary software)
- Coordinates Samasource resources as they pertain to the support of assigned customers.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Collaborates cross functionally (with Samasource and Partner teams) to build and iterate on project materials to drive quality and improve project understanding and execution
- Proactively networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise to research best practices in project management and worker training and participate in the continuous improvement cycle
- 4+ years relevant experience, 2+ years in a similar role
- BA/BS or equivalent with a strong academic record. Degrees with emphasis on project management and/or business analysis preferred.
OTHER JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Established track record of self motivated, independent work
- Has strong relationship building, interpersonal communications and customer management skills.
- 10-20% possible domestic and/or international travel.
- Manages project resources in a matrixed organization.
- Opportunity for mentoring and managing junior resources.
- Opportunity for influencing internal and external stakeholders.