Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain-power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision--to reduce worldwide poverty and its effects through technology
The Samasource Digital Basics (SamaDB) program works with youth from economically marginalized backgrounds to improve their employability skills and enable them to secure work and earn a living wage.
This role is for you if you love working with young people, have a great sense of humour and creativity and a passion for training. Your main role will be to deliver training at Samasource Digital Basics learning centers and you will report to a Senior Trainer.
Applicants who are shortlisted should be willing to commit to participating in a mock training on our curriculum and Learning Management System (LMS) before being qualified to join our pool of trainers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct trainings at the learning centers to equip learners with knowledge and skills from the SamaDB curriculum.
- Support learners during trainings and collect training tracking data for each of your cohorts.
- Manage and keep track of learner progress and performance through the eLearning platform.
- Build and maintain working relationships with the training center manager where you will be located.
- Maintain and observe quality standards in content delivery.
- Ensure lesson plans are completed to include information on whether learning objectives were met and document the successes and challenges experienced.
- Collect information pertaining to trainings including seeking and compiling feedback from learners on trainings for course improvement, and documenting learner success stories.
- Document training activities through photographs for reporting purposes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Education, Business Administration, Human Resource Development with a focus on learning and development/ training, Organizational Development, or other related field
- Certification in training/ or as a trainer, with a minimum of 2 years training experience
- Experience in workforce development/ learning and development
- Experience working as an online freelancer on platforms like Upwork
- Experience in teaching/ training young adults
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili as a language of instruction (fluency in spoken and written French at an advanced level would be an added advantage)
- Knowledge and experience of computers and computer packages. Advanced Excel Skills is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of soft skills required for workplace readiness
- Have an understanding of eLearning techniques. Participation in an online or blended program would be an added advantage.
- Experience teaching/training in underprivileged communities would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry and job tracks within the industry would be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of career development or experience in teaching it would be an added advantage
- Good presentation and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Good facilitation and time management skills
Applications should be received by April 23,2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.