About the Job:
Samasource is searching for a talented, tech-oriented, mission-driven, and experienced Senior Project Manager to help our customers make the most out of our data annotation services and proprietary annotation platform. You would be part of our Customer Success team focused on engaging, growing, and retaining our customers through the entire customer journey, consulting, and encouraging best practice adoption of Samasource services and solutions.
The ideal candidate would have a strong interest in both business and technology and must be comfortable in a customer-facing position. You will be the customer's trusted advisor and subject matter expert for everything Samasource and training data related and should be comfortable with discussing product capabilities and communicating the customer's voice internally. This position will be based in Seoul, South Korea.
- Serve as liaison and translator between the customer and our Global Service Delivery team based in East Africa to ensure successful launch and delivery of customer projects
- Bilingual in Korean and English with the ability to translate both written and verbal in both directions.
- Actively manage a high-value portfolio of strategic customers and be responsible for associated client retention, adoption, growth and satisfaction goals
- Lead the customer through the customer journey from onboarding through renewal and growth
- Improve customer engagement and increase adoption of our platform SamaHub by being the customer’s most trusted advisor and the voice of the customer internally
- Provide technical guidance to customer developers, product managers, systems architects, applied research scientists, etc around best practices on how to leverage our suite of training data services - this may include anything from business case development to API guidance
- Ensure alignment with customer expectations and behaviors to success, deeply understanding the customer’s organizational goals, culture, blockers, and priorities
- Drive ongoing engagement with customers including check-ins, QBRs, etc
- Drive effective collaboration with internal sales, product, engineering, global delivery, customer success engineering and other teams to resolve cross-functional issues and seize opportunities
- Identify Samasource process deficiencies and recommend how they can be improved in a positive, constructive fashion
- Coordinate Samasource resources as they pertain to the support of assigned customers
- Proactively network with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Manage customer relationships to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- When needed, analyze project and performance analytics to support Global Delivery teams
- Work with the customer to identify/resolve all issues that could impact customer satisfaction
- Key success metrics for this role are: customer satisfaction, revenue churn/growth, and platform adoption
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 8 years of customer-facing experience
- Experience managing high-value accounts through high-touch partnerships with customers
- Experience working in tech environments and familiar with technical concepts
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain complex concepts to a variety of stakeholders
- Results-driven contributor who can work independently and as part of a virtually-collaborative team
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple geographies and time zones on a daily basis
- Ability to assess and understand technology utilized in the assigned customer's environment
- Outstanding organizational & time management skills, able to effectively prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced, global environment
- Ability to adapt information & style to the audience, explain difficult concepts concisely, establish consensus, and ultimately gain agreement
- Highly curious and willing to stretch, learn, develop, and (at times) be uncomfortable
- Excited about and fully committed to the Samasource social impact mission
- Experienced with and able to effectively manage ambiguity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Majority of customer-facing experience has been post-sales
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video, and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Samasource is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Samasource culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
At Samasource, we take pride in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.