About the Job:
Sama is searching for a talented, tech-oriented, mission-driven, and experienced Customer Success Manager to help our West Coast strategic customers make the most out of our data annotation services and proprietary annotation platform. You would be part of our Customer Success team, focused on engaging, growing, and retaining our largest and most dynamic customers through the entire customer journey, consultatively encouraging best practice adoption of Sama services and solutions.
The ideal candidate would have a strong interest in both business and technology and must be comfortable in a customer-facing position with 20-30% domestic and international travel. You will be the customer's trusted advisor and subject matter expert for everything Sama and training data related and should be comfortable with discussing product capabilities and communicating the customer's voice internally.
- Actively manage a high-value portfolio of customers and be responsible for associated client retention, account growth, and satisfaction goals
- Lead customers through the customer journey from onboarding through renewal and growth
- Improve customer engagement and increase adoption of our Sama platform by being the customer’s most trusted advisor and the voice of the customer internally
- Provide technical guidance to customer developers, product managers, systems architects, applied research scientists, etc around best practices on how to leverage our suite of training data services - this may include anything from business case development to API guidance
- Ensure alignment with customer expectations and behaviors to success, deeply understanding the customer’s organizational goals, culture, blockers, and priorities
- Drive ongoing engagement with customers including check-ins, QBRs, etc
- Drive effective collaboration with internal sales, product, engineering, global delivery, customer success engineering, and other teams to resolve cross-functional issues and seize opportunities
- Identify Sama process deficiencies and recommend how they can be improved in a positive, constructive fashion.
- Coordinate Sama resources as they pertain to the support of assigned customers
- Proactively network with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Manage customer relationships to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction
- When needed, analyze project and performance analytics to support Global Delivery teams
- Work with the customer to identify/resolve all issues that could impact customer satisfaction
- Key success metrics for this role are: customer satisfaction, account growth/expansion, and platform adoption
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 to 8 years of customer-facing experience (in Customer Success, Project Management, Account Relationship and/or Client Services)
- Experience managing high-value accounts through high-touch partnerships with customers
- Experience working in tech environments and familiar with technical concepts
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain complex concepts to a variety of stakeholders
- Results-driven contributor who can work independently and as part of a virtually-collaborative team
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple geographies and time zones on a daily basis
- Ability to assess and understand technology utilized in the assigned customer's environment
- Outstanding organizational & time management skills, able to effectively prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced, global environment
- Ability to adapt information & style to the audience, explain difficult concepts concisely, establish consensus, and ultimately gain agreement
- Highly curious and willing to stretch, learn, develop, and (at times) be uncomfortable
- Excited about and fully committed to the Sama social impact mission
- Experienced with and able to effectively manage ambiguity
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Majority of customer-facing experience in post-sales roles
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Sama to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Sama fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video, and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high-growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Samasource culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSAs, HSAs, short- and long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance, employer-matching 401K, pre-tax commuter benefits, generous holiday and vacation policies, sabbaticals, paid disability and baby bonding leave, a monthly fitness stipend, and professional development opportunities.
At Sama, we take pride in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.