About the Job:
In preparation for Sama’s next phase of growth, we are searching for a seasoned Natural Language Processing Trainer. The Trainer will closely work with the Senior Manager, Training Operations and help him/her provide standard or specialized teaching, technical training or counseling in a designated area. You will serve as a key partner to the Senior Manager, Training Operations and report directly to this role.
- Implement training for new projects right from selection of the trainees to certification
- Maintain and observe quality standards in content delivery
- Provide timely training feedback to Training Manager
- Ensure that training allowance budgets and final payouts are accurate, aligned with Samabox data and requests are sent on time.
- Liaise with the AMs, QA and TL of the projects which have new workflows
- In case of any need for refresher training as may be requested by the AMs, assess the areas of need and conduct the refresher training to address the problem.
- Conduct Induction training for all new employees.
- Source and compile training material whilst ensuring it is kept up to date
- Work under minimum supervision to conduct training at the Delivery Center to support SamaU course rollout and implementation
- Support learners during training and collect training data/course feedback for each cohort.
- Manage and keep track of learner progress and performance through the e-Learning platform.
- NLP Training experience 3 years plus
- NLP (Natural Language Processing) project management experience in at least a few of the following: Question Answering, Text Classification, Text Summarization, Sentiment Analysis, Sentence Similarity, Neural Machine Translation, Document Summarization, End-to-end management of training, content creation, client interaction
- Must be self-motivated, results-oriented with proven ability to work autonomously from concept to implementation
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and innovation
- Deep understanding of video and image annotation principles
- Proficiency in multiple languages would be a plus
- Certification in training/ or as a trainer
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili as a language of instruction.
- Knowledge and experience of computers and computer packages.
- A good understanding of e-Learning techniques. Participation in an online or blended program
- Experience teaching/training in underprivileged communities.
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Sama to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Sama fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
Sama is quite unique. We are a technology company with a social mission. People that thrive in a high growth environment, love working on the bleeding edge of technology, and really care about having a positive impact on the world are a great fit for the Sama culture. Our core values are grit, integrity, humanity, and GTD (Get Things Done).
Sama offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a full benefits package, including: medical, pension scheme, annual leave, paid disability insurance, and professional development opportunities
At Sama, we pride ourselves in being a diverse and equal opportunity employer.